1. Conch Shell House (Isla Mujeres, Mexico)
2. Device to Root Out Evil (Vancouver, Canada)
3. Experience Music Project, Seattle, WA, USA
(Image credits: EMP)
Experience Music Project (EMP) was founded by Paul Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft. It is a museum of music history sited near the Space Needle and is by one of the two stops on the Seattle Center Monorail, which runs through the building. The structure is also home to the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame.
Designed by Frank Gehry, the building resembles many of his firm’s sheet-metal construction works, such as Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Walt Disney Concert Hall and Gehry Tower.
4. Upside Down House (Szymbark, Poland)
(Image credits: Radziooz)
Daniel Czapiewski, Polish businessman and philanthropist, built this house as an artistic statement about the Communist era and current state of the world. Many tourists who visit complain of mild seasickness and dizziness after just a few minutes of being in the structure.
5. Puzzling World Lake Wanaka (Otago, New Zealand)
(Image credits: Somerslea)
Stuart Landsborough’s Puzzling World is a tourist attraction near Wanaka, New Zealand. It started out as just a maze in 1973, but over the years expanded to accommodate a “puzzling café” where guests could try out several puzzles, rooms with optical illusions, the and other things.
One of the biggest attractions is the leaning tower. The Leaning Tower of Wanaka is, as the name implies, a tower that is seemingly impossibly balanced on one corner, making the whole structure lean at an angle of 53 degrees to the ground. Exactly how this is achieved is yet to be unveiled, but it can be assumed that some kind of counterbalance or anchoring device has been used.
If you feel like visiting this place check out the website.
(Image credits: Broken Piggy Bank)
6. Low impact woodland house (Wales, UK)
7. BWM Welt, Munich, Germany
8. Cowboy Boots Bathroom (Seattle, WA, USA)
9. The Big Duck (Flanders, NY, USA)
10. Lucy the Margate Elephant (Margate, NJ, USA)
11. House Boat (California, USA)
12. Giant Muskie (Hayward, WI, USA)
13. The Big Chicken (Marietta, GA, USA)
14. Guitar Museum (TN, USA)
15. Weird House Boat (Croatia)
15. Doll’s Theatre (Torun, Poland)
16. The sheep building (Tirau, Waikato, New Zealand)
17. Sheepdog building (Tirau, Waikato, New Zealand)
18. House Between The Rocks (France)
19. Royal Ontario Museum (Toronto, Canada)
20. UFO house (Chattanooga, Tennessee)
Use Facebook to Comment on this Post